Saturday, January 12, 2013

January is

I am having some trouble getting back into the blogging routine.  I having trouble getting back into the breathing routine, to be honest.  While rumors of pneumonia were exaggerated, I am still on prednisone & still not taking full breathes.  Yesterday I forgot my morning dose of cough medicine by midday was back to the dry hacking cough that made me light headed & ultimately sent me to the doctor last Monday.  As for the blogging routine, well, that has been flying through my fingers for the better part of a year.  I try to sit down & get something down once or twice a week.  Whether or not you want to read it is one thing, but I think it also keeps me from marinating in my own...lets say thoughts.


& so, new years resolutions being in the wind I thought I would resolve to.  You know.  & I thought maybe a few simple runs at regular topics might help.  So here it is:

January is National Mentoring Month.  It is also National Stalking Awareness Month.  Am I the only one to find something a bit off about that combo?  I should say that I have been, maybe still kinda, am a bona fide, on paper, written up in reports & all that sh*t mentor.  I have been a Big Sister since the 90s (she's in her 20s now & while we try to see each other more often, we are pretty much guaranteed to see each other at book club because I have co-opted her into my book club.  Also, she works at the local library, which is handy).  When she was younger, mentoring was a bit like stalking.  & she was an EXCELLENT mentee.  I mean, she never showed any sign ever of not wanting to hang out with me.  I hear those mentees can be surly & testing & she never was.  So stalking & mentoring can seem to go hand in hand.  That's all I have to say on that subject, though, so what else.

January is Get Organized Month.  Right.  NEXT.

Lots of winter foods:  soup& hot tea month.  Also peanut brittle day-the 26th, if you care & just to round things out nicely, California Dried Plum Digestive Month.  I guess they got those bases covered, so lets move on.

Be Kind to Food Servers Month.  Also Bath Safety Day at least in Texas.  International Wayfinding Month. Uh-huh.

For me January is:  Get your head back in the game month.  Get off the couch & baste that quilt month.  Maybe, next week it can be clean that stuff out from the back of the fridge day.  That should segway nicely into buy new food storage containers day right there at the beginning of February.  Okay, I made that one up.

No comments:

Post a Comment