Just got back from the shipping out a package(did you ever find that Stockard Channing reading Why I Live at the PO?). It contains:
- The promised quilt for the new daughter of your ex-son-in-law. If you could trim the edges & sew up the binding (thank you!) & give it to your grandaughter to give as a gift to her new 1/2-sister that would be lovely. I cannot for the life of me remember Rhymes-with-Schmuck's current wife's real name & I cannot very well address a note to her as Biological-Clock-Ticking so if you could somehow communicate "machine washable gentle, tumble dry briefly & then lie flat" I would be grateful.
- A bright yellow railroad-looking spike made of plastic. Remember Crazy R*****, the one who was so obsessed with her doorknobs being thoroughly cleaned, but cheated on her husband in the back seats of strangers' cars? Well, her dogs were just peeing ANYWHERE in the yard & she got one of these & then they just started peeing there & she was able to keep them out of her roses. Yes, the dogs would lift a leg on the only thing in the yard with thorns; they were as crazy as she was. I thought if you put this in a spot along the sidewalk the walked-dogs might use it instead of your hosta (I always want to say Hofstra).
- Your quilt block swap swap blocks from JUNE. Yes, I am a lousy swap-keeper.
- A collection of work-force motivational posters from just before WWI thru to just after WWII. The Harn has an exhibit & I had been wanting to go for a while, but now that C****** is a grown-up with a job, she only has enough time for me to take her to lunch & more recently buy her a crock pot. So I had to wait for a rainy Sunday when A could not work on the greenhouse & then we went. His favorite was the long winded way of saying "keep it brief", but I would not want to pick a favorite for you so we got you the flip-book. We both could picture it in your house, although we could not agree where. I would have gotten another for L***** van A***** but they only had one more & it was mangled.
- Two (2) Lopi sweaters. One you made me in college. It still fits (although the sleeves were always short) but it occurred to me it would also fit one of your grandaughters. Tell A****** it is supposed to have 3/4- length sleeves. The other you made for M****** U***** when we were dating & I think it might fit D***.
- Gator grocery bags for yourself or that rabid Gator fan G***** hangs out with.
- A scarf that needs blocking, but the color is one you like. Way-back-when I was showing C****** how to choose increases & decreases for better shaping & made it up quick & put it aside. Do you want it?
That really is it. Please let me know when the package arrives.
Je m'appelle M*******