Monday, August 23, 2010

Something lemon

This past week-end, while getting thru all kinds of end-of-season paperwork, dog licenses, horse inoculations, car insurance, campus parking passes etc. I realized I have put less than 1000 miles on the truck since last May.  I have, to be exact, put 815 miles on the truck since May 28th, which makes it official:  I need to get out more.

Up until May I could almost manage the 3000 miles every 3 months, well more like every 5 months, to make the oil change reminder stickers a little bit timely.  Now that I commute with A on Thursdays when I go to campus, the CSA pick-up at the Wednesday farmers market is over, well, I just plain don't go anywhere any more.

So I vowed to get out more.  Today I repotted an african violet & drove it to M**** at Bed'n Biscuit.  I had grand plans of then going on to one of the two quilt shops in that general direction, but M**** told me about a new bakery & fresh fruit stand right across the street from her & so I went there instead.  & they had fresh lemon tarts.  So I bought some.  & then I was not motivated to go anywhere except home to eat my lemon tart.

I'm afraid that's all there is to this post.  I have just eaten the first tart & am eyeing the second.  The good news is I am likely to get out a bit more, the bad news is...there is no bad news.

1 comment:

  1. Couldn't be bad news when you have fresh lemon tarts to eat.

    ReplyDelete