Friday, February 14, 2014

52 Photos Project: Hearts

Quite some time ago (a year ago this month), I won the low volume hearts over on Block Lotto.  Despite my clear preference for in-your-face colors & patterns, I really enjoyed this block.  I liked making the foundation pieces, mixing up the strings in my string pile.  I really wanted to win because I knew exactly what I wanted to do with these hearts.  My plan was to divide them into pairs & to each pair add a heart I had made, making a set of three. Then I would sew them in a row & border them with a strip of fabric also used to frame the heart I had made & included in the set.  I visualized them as bricks & started fantasizing how I would arrange them.  This is how far I have gotten:



So here it is, my week 43 52 Photos Project entry, my oh-so-very sad tale of why I am donating my chances to Block Lotto for the foreseeable future & the lamest jump in on 15 Minutes of Play because I did not even make the hearts blocks I am posting.  Okay, I made a few.  Last year.  I accept that doesn't really count.

No comments:

Post a Comment