Monday, August 24, 2009

Not scraps but leftovers

When you cut several gajillion of the same shape from the same sized piece of fabric, you end up with a lot of scraps that are as alike as if you had intentionally cut them for their own purpose. If you are anything like me, you lean towards making the same blocks into similar quilt tops a few times (maybe a few dozen times) & well, I sometimes have a great big bag of the exact same scraps. Because I save them together. & that is how I happened to make this quilt:



My mother, sister, sister-in-law, etc. will recognize something of what they have received somewhere in this one. For such a mish-mash it did not come out half bad, if I do say so myself. Which I just did.

1 comment:

  1. At the risk of sounding like a suck up, I really like it. The floral squares pull it all together and the total effect is comfort.

    ReplyDelete