Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Over the fence

I got an e-mail early week-before-last letting me know my pasture needed mowing (which was plenty obvious). In same message W***** suggested a few times she could come over & do it. & then she did it. That Saturday I was making quiche. I made two & left one on her kitchen counter.

That same week-end, I cleared aloe "pups" from the bed along the house & under the banana trees. I packed them in newly cut grass & left a bucket of them near W*****'s truck. I also put some aside for V** & her parents (a handful each: V** likes plants her dogs cannot kill too quickly & her parents like hummingbird attractors). This coming month V** will help me take the old wallpaper off the bathroom wall (I am still unsteady on a ladder). When she goes home, she will take a dozen fresh eggs for her parents.

Friday morning I got feed for all the horses & was looking at the shelf of tick-sprays. I told D** I did not like the strong smells but what could you do? I was ready to plonk down $10+ for a small spray bottle. She suggested I use the horse spray instead. It has a milder smell & was 1/2 the price.

I like it here.

1 comment: